Thu 23 Nov 2017
Name: Graham Harris
Location: Kenilworth, Warwickshire
Hi and welcome to my sale for my Locost Race car, which is eligible for the 750MC Locost Championship.
I've spent a huge amount of effort and money on this car and it's certainly one of the nicest on the grid. Reluctantly selling as looking at alternative formulas or may use it towards a house deposit. I bought the car in 2014 and spent a year doing it up before racing 8 meetings (15 races) since the end of 2015. Previous to that it had raced a couple of meetings in 2007.
Full locost spec including:
• 1300 GT engine with control cam, was rebuilt by TSR in 2015.
• Type 3 4-speed gearbox - also have spare one of these although internals do not look that usable - good casing and bell housing though.
• 4.1 Diff (£350 before last meeting)
• Alan Coller front suspension and recent new rear axle (over £700 at start of season).
• Bias brake bar with twin Wilwood master cylinders and braided lines
• Steel GAZ shocks all round with good spring rates. Fronts serviced start of 2016, rears serviced start of 2017.
• Custom baffled and safety foam filled fuel tank with VDO sender and dash readout (£130+)
• Belts in date till 2020, these are custom made TRS Hans specific in green. (£200+). Customised lightweight Kirkey seat with lowered wings around ribcage for shorter driver.
• Powervamp race battery
• Air/fuel guage and lambda sensor (£180+). Stainless steel exhaust header and muffler.
• Luminition ignition system with Aldon ballast and electronic Aldon distributor. Nice easy to get to fusebox/es on bulkhead.
• Weber 32DGR carb
• Removable steering wheel
• Brand new Facet fuel pump (£60) and brand new Filter King pressure regulator (£75). Neither have been tested on track as had a slightly different set up previously.
Lots of other modifications I've created or had made:
• Fabricated custom propshaft catchers
• Fabricated custom alternator bracket
• Custom fibreglass battery cover over Powervamp battery clamp.
• Intumescent fireproof sealant between cockpit and engine bay, transmission tunnel and boot.
• Wiring loom was completely re-done and is much tidier with easily accessible fuses.
• Reinforced harness and seat mounts, most likely the strongest/safest seat set up in the class.
• Most of the extinguisher hoses and pull cables recently replaced.
Lots of records written about the car and set up over the last couple of years.
It's 99% ready to go but there are a couple of things you may wish to look at doing to the car. Fire extinguisher is past service date (around £40) and I would advise having an engineer look over the roll cage. It was altered at the start of 2017 to confirm with blue book rule changes but I also had a problem after it's last race when I bounced the car up and down with the front left leg unbolted and supported on a jack. This deflected the leg up and down 30mm or so but it bolted back on fine and there appears to be no lasting issue. As you can see from the photos I've removed the paint around the welds on the cage to check them over and although I'm no engineer, they look fine.
See https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsAvp7w_pCvZ-fWdb5V8jNg for race videos.
Some spares included, some new, some a little second hand but useable.
Also for sale is a 750kg un-braked trailer by Aluminium Trailer Company (see last picture). Recent wheels, tyres, bearings and light board re-wired. Tows very well as has GAZ suspension dampers on it. Good trailer that is light and versatile enough that it can disassembled be stored in a garage against the wall by two people (that's where I've kept it!). It's also tips for loading and is very narrow as the wheels are under the trailer so follows the tow car exactly. Front left LED doesn't work. See the company's website here: http://www.allytrailer.co.uk/. Asking price of £1250 in addition to the car.
I've spent at least £8k, probably £9k, not to mention huge amounts of time and love on it but am only asking £4500 ono as I need it sold! Please make me an offer but I won't let it go for a silly price.
Viewing is highly recommended. There's a lot to learn about these cars but it's a great race series with lots of help available through the Facebook forum and the car is now well known within the series.
Sold as seen.
Please no timewasters or foreign buyers, I will not send it abroad. No guarantee, responsilbility or warranty is given or implied.