- A timely boost for popular and growing UK club race series
- Championship now titled ‘Safety Devices | Gaz Shocks Compact Cup’
Now entering its fourth season, the BMW Compact Cup is set to welcome on board Safety Devices as a title sponsor of the hotly contested club Championship, joining previous sponsor Gaz Shocks.
Widely regarded as the market leader in automotive rollover and safety products for automotive use, Safety Devices also produce and supply the B034 multi-point bolt-in roll cage that is a requirement for new competitors in the Compact Cup.
With direct involvement as a mandatory supplier and decades of expertise in motorsport from club to professional level, the arrangement with UK-based Safety Devices is welcomed on both sides of the partnership.
Aeron Lloyd, Chief Designer and General Manager at Safety Devices said of the recent agreement: “The partnership between Safety Devices and the BMW Compact Cup is one that is exciting on all levels. It offers close and affordable wheel-to-wheel racing, and along with my colleague Chris Platt I’m also pleased to have the opportunity to compete in the occasional race. As a company we strive to engineer high quality products, so look forward to supporting some fantastic track action with our roll cage inside every car on the grid.”
The Safety Devices | Gaz Shocks Compact Cup continues to gather pace going into 2014, as organisers The 750 Motor Club expect grids to swell for the first race of the season at Donington Park on March 30th. The 2013 season saw a total of 55 Championship registered drivers, and the 2014 format remains largely unchanged to focus on close and affordable racing.
Paul McErlean, Compact Cup Championship Director said: “We are absolutely delighted that Safety Devices have made such a commitment to support the Compact Cup for 2014, it’s a great testament to the Championship and for everybody involved on both sides.”
- Ends -
For further information please go to www.bmwracedays.co.uk or email Paul McErlean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- Established in 1972, Safety Devices are committed to providing automotive safety systems around the world, operating from their Newmarket base.
- Since its introduction in 2010, the Safety Devices | Gaz Shocks Compact Cup has increased year on year in grid size, and also boasts a sister Scottish series based at Knockhill.
- Safety Devices join Gaz Shocks as the title sponsor, along with further support from Ravenol, Powerflex, Superchips, Maha, WD40, Klarius and Pure D-Zign.
- The Compact Cup uses the E36 generation BMW 318ti Compact with strictly limited modifications, and drivers range from novices to experienced racers alike.
- Championship status was achieved in 2013, with the first title recently awarded to Steve Roberts.
- With close racing and exciting action, Motors TV is again set to televise all rounds of the 2014 season.