Mon 09 Nov 2020
Name: Lyndon Thruston
Location: Alderley Edge
Price: 15,000 offer invited
Charming race road legal special with great provenance. Car was converted and raced in the 1950s in 750mc class a with a prototype Speedex body and independent bowdenex ifs front axle.
Later in the 80s the car was fully rebuilt using a long chassis , enhancing its appearance with a chummy radiator and again raced. In 2008 car was recommissioned for road use competing in the welsh classic car trial.
Purchased from long term storage in 2018, the car has been upgraded to compete in the 750mc Historic 750 Formula (Class A).
- New battery
- Alloy racing tank
- New tyres,
- New adjustable shock absorbers
- New brake cylinders and pads
- Refurbsihed Powder coated 15in wheels
- Chassis and radius arms are strengthened and boxed
- The engine has been recently been subject to a rebuild using new + 60 thou race pistons, reconditioned conrods and crankshaft.
1 1/4 su carb.
- Jack french high lift cam tappets oversize inlet valves, gas flowed ports
- Derek chester sports manifold
- Lightened flywheel
- Deep finned nippy sump
- Overbored oil pump with 4 jet lubrication system and strengthened crankcase.