Mon 12 Jul 2021
Name: Danny Woolard
Price: 16,000 ono
‘Little Satan’ Austin 7 Special
This special is actually road registered and day running road legal, A road legal, unique, Monoposto style A7 Special with custom made Ulster style single seater body. Featured in Octane and Custom Car magazines in 2012.
I purchased the car for hill climbs and sprints and have run it at a few times at the Kop Hill climb. However limited time and other projects. Would be a great and very unique opportunity for a hill climb/sprint project. (The build cost of this car was eye watering!).
Bodywork is hand made, English Wheel rolled in aluminium with copper rivets and welded.
Chassis – Austin 7 1935 Ruby with shortened rear members, Cable A7 brakes. Currently on 17” wire wheels, 15” set as spares.
Front Axle – Austin, dropped spindles, standard friction shock remounted behind axle.
Rear suspension – de-leafed and flattened springs.
Wishbones – boxed, dropped and drilled for weight reduction.
Relocated steering box. Standard A7 wheel, column shortened.
• Don Rawson built engine based on 1953 Reliant block. (850cc)
• A7 head, recently skimmed and new copper gasket fitted.
• Custom made Heywood & Scott inlet manifold with twin 1”1/4 SU’s.
• Electric water pump, mini rad.
• Mech fuel pump.
• Exhaust – Stainless straight pipe (Heywood & Scott)
• Varley red top racing battery
• 3 Gallon custom fuel tank (Aston pop off fuel cap!!)
Period leather seat, some other unique features, Rad shell from 1930’s American hot rod, Little Satan motif from Beaulieu swap meet.
I have build photos and lots of information.