Tue 17 Oct 2017
Name: Jonny Macgregor
Price: £14995 ONO
We are pleased to have our Mini Cooper JCW R53 race car for sale. This car is a piece of Mini history - it was built by Tony Franks at John Cooper Works Garages in 2006 as the first of the new shape cars to be worked on by JCW Garages, to prove to BMW just how good they could make the R53 - JCW Garages built this car specifically for the Dubai 24hr which it participated in in 2007, completing the race successfully, after significant testing at the Nurburgring. The rest, as they say, is history...
Since then the car was used in UK club motorsport until we purchased this historic car in 2016, racing it with great success in the 750MC Club Enduro and Roadsports series, picking up race wins. Since purchasing the car, we have overhauled it with the interior being completely stripped and repainted, an updated seat and belts fitted, and all the usual checks and fluid, bearings and filters changed.
The full car spec is as follows:
- Mini 1.6 litre inline 4 Cooper S engine with JCW upgrades, custom map, thick walled block, ARP rod bolts, upgraded ignition system, lightweight flywheel and clutch, custom air induction system and upgraded engine mounts
- Limited slip differential
- Lightweight stainless steel race exhaust system (with 4-2-1 manifold)
- Custom aero kit including flat floor, diffuser and rear wing
- Racing brakes all round (6 pot front, 4 pot rear) with bias adjustment and ABS
- Adjustable anti roll bars front and rear, power steering
- Adjustable Bilstein dampers and upgraded suspension bushes
- High power HID headlights
- JLS/AP airjack system
- Lightweight 16 x 7 forged wheels all round fitted with Toyo R888R tyres
- Lightweight polycarbonate windows throughout, with the exception of the front which has a glass heated front windscreen
- FIA approved roll cage, seat and belts
- Carbon fibre dash, shift lights and aftermarket data system
The car comes completed with two spare sets of wheels and airjack safety stands, as well as a range of spares including wing mirrors, headlight, wishbone, front upright, rear upright, fuel pump, throttle body and various small pieces of bodywork and other components.
It is fitted with a brand new set of Mintex 1155 brake pads and Toyo R888R tyres.
This car is ready to win in a number of different championships, and will sell quickly. It's a first class build with a very special history. The car is available for viewing at our workshop in the Midlands, which is 15 minutes from Donington Park and East Midlands Airport. Please contact us for more information.? Offers considered.
Finance options available.