Title: Communications Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a bright, hardworking individual to join the 750 Motor Club based at Donington Park.
We are looking for bright, intelligent candidates who possess enthusiasm for national motorsport, have creative flair and strong digital and web focused skills. The chosen candidate must have a keen eye for detail and possess excellent writing skills as a core element of the role involves drafting and preparing content for the 750 Motor Club website, social media channels and event programmes.
The main responsibilities of the role will include managing all aspects of the way the club communicates with all of its members and competitors including maintaining the club website and social media channels, issuing press releases, writing event reports and attending weekend events across the UK.
The successful candidate will also be expected to assist with marketing and promotional activities, primarily online but also organising the clubs participation at major trade shows and events.
In summary; the core duties will comprise:
1) Communications: Emphasis on developing our print and web based communications with all members, including managing the club’s Facebook, Twitter & YouTube channels in addition to taking responsibility for maintenance and development of the club’s website. The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with the editor and designer of the club’s bi-monthly magazine to ensure deadlines are met and be expected to contribute content as and when required.
2) Marketing & Promotions: Working with the Competition Manager & other stakeholders to manage all marketing and promotion associated with the club’s activities. This will include organising the clubs participation at exhibitions, trade shows, vintage car rallies and other events. Establishing productive relationships with the industry press; developing and maintaining electronic mailing lists, producing and distributing marketing communications’ and overseeing the successful launch of new products.
3) Sponsorship & Advertising: Developing sponsorship offers for our club championships, maximising sponsorship benefits for both new and existing partners. Increasing advertising revenues from the clubs printed and digital output.
Essential criteria & qualifications:
• Good writing skills
• Strong web & social media skills
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and partnerships
• Full UK driving licence and own vehicle
• An interest in motorsport is essential
• Photoshop and MailChimp experience
The successful candidate will have a full driving licence and be prepared to work weekends. He or she must be outgoing and a team player as an essential part of the role is that they will be expected to help out with general office duties during peak periods.
Applicants should apply in writing, including their current CV, notice period and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 750 Motor Club is one of the UK’s leading motor clubs and has a particular focus on circuit racing. The club has a current membership of around 2000 people and manages a growing portfolio of 15 race championships and series and consequently organises circa 25 days on track per year at all major UK venues.
In addition to this the club organises and promotes events and gatherings for members including driving tours, sporting trials and the largest annual Austin Seven rally in the world.
The club is currently one of the largest race organisers in the country with a turnover over £1million and is governed by a board of directors made up of volunteer club members. The club aims to be the leading provider of truly accessible motorsport in the UK.
To deliver on its aims, the club employs a small team of 3 staff: a Competitions Manager, a Membership and Office Manager as well as this role. The Communications role is vital to the success of the club as it continues to grow in what is now its 76th year in existence.
The Seven Fifty Motor Club
The Conservatory Suite
Tel: 01332 814548