An excellent opportunity has arisen for a bright, hardworking individual to join the 750 Motor Club, based at the office at Donington Park. We are looking for keen, intelligent candidates that have a genuine enthusiasm for national motorsport, are customer focused and have good IT skills. The chosen candidate must have a keen eye for detail and possess strong communication skills; as a critical element of the role involves being a key point of contact for club members, competitors, and volunteers alike in addition to providing support for existing team members.
The successful candidate will also be expected to attend a number of our race events over the course of the year in addition to attending major trade shows and promotional events. In summary; the core duties will comprise the following, in addition to any other tasks required from time-to-time to support the club's members and our aims and strategy:
1) Communication: Dealing with telephone enquiries related to competition activities, this is likely to include queries regarding the membership and championship registration process in addition to dealing with race entries and withdrawals, taking payment for events and processing refunds as required.
2) Administration: Assisting in the development and maintenance of our CRM system, ensuring data entry is of a high standard and managing the processing of membership and championship registration applications.
3) Competitions: Assisting the Competitions Manager by taking on tasks such as the preparation of championship points tables and assisting in other elements of championship and series coordination, with the aim of improving the competitor experience and boosting grid numbers.
4) Volunteers: Act as the key point of contact for our team of officials, ensuring that the various teams who support our events have all the relevant information and resources that they require from Club HQ.
Essential Criteria & Qualifications:
· Good communication skills
· Strong IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat & social media platforms
· Full UK driving licence and own vehicle
· An interest in motorsport is essential
The successful candidate must have a full driving licence and be prepared to work weekends. He or she should be outgoing and a team player.
Applicants should apply in writing (closing date 11th
of August), including current CV, notice period and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 750 Motor Club is one of the UK’s leading motor clubs and has a particular focus on circuit racing. The club has a current membership of around 2000 people and manages a growing portfolio of 23 race championships and series and consequently organises circa 30 days on track per year at all major UK venues.
The club is currently one of the largest race organisers in the country with a turnover in excess of £1.5million and is governed by a board of directors made up of volunteer club members and the competitions manager. The club aims to be the leading provider of truly accessible motorsport in the UK.
To deliver on its aims, the club currently employs a small team of three staff: A Competitions Manager, a Communications Manager and a Membership and Office Manager. The Competitions Assistant role is vital to the success of the club as it continues to grow in what is now its 82nd year in existence.
The Seven Fifty Motor Club
Donington Park Circuit
Tel: 01332 814548