In line with recent Board decisions and the announcement at the Club AGM, the Austin Activities Committee (AAC) would like offer a post for a dedicated person to undertake an active role in supporting and promoting the Heritage side of the Club. This person would undertake, in a part-time role, several of those tasks currently performed by the full-time staff at the Club’s HQ for the Heritage members, thus leaving them to continue supporting the racing members and administering memberships.
This post would need to be filled by someone who is familiar with Austin 7s and the wider Austin community. They would need to be an enthusiastic person with the relevant computer, communication and 'people' skills. Should the person most suitable be retired, the Board has offered to provide advice on the tax implications for this post.
The club envisages that this person would work primarily from home – with the remit to:
1. To be the central contact for the Club Heritage members.
2. Pro-actively promote and/or organise the use of the Austin 7 and other Heritage motor vehicles in events of all kinds – rallies, road runs, trials, driving tests, heritage trials, holidays and any other motoring related activities.
3. To liaise with, attend and promote Club Centres and to attend Austin 7 Clubs Association meetings as required.
4. To attend Board meetings and AAC meetings as required.
5. To promote, write and report all the above regularly to the Board, in the Bulletin and on the Club website.
6. To liaise with the Heritage Director on the administration, running and collating of results and the publication of the Austin 7 Championship results.
7. To take over the role of Club Registrar and maintain the members’ Austin ownership records.
8. To liaise with HQ and the Beaulieu Rally Organiser to administer the entries, organisation and support for that event.
To find out more about the role and to apply, please contact Gill Davis at email@example.com
for a full job description.